La Fura dels Baus presents the U.S. premiere his latest production as part from this year’s Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center.
Avant-garde Catalan theater collective La Fura dels Baus brings its “freewheeling blend of audiovisual wizardry, acrobatics, and puppetry” (The Guardian) to Haydn’s famous oratorio. A relentless stream of imagery, text, and stage pageantry touching on everything from philosophy and physics to DNA research and refugees transforms the Enlightenment-era masterpiece into an immersive theatrical experience, accompanied by the period-instrument Insula Orchestra, vocal ensemble accentus, and a cast of intrepid soloists, led by visionary conductor Laurence Equilbey.
- Haydn: Die Schöpfung (The Creation).
- Sung in German with English supertitles. Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes without intermission.
- accentus: Choir.
- Insula Orchestra.
- Laurence Equilbey: Conductor.
- La Fura dels Baus—Carlus Padrissa: Stage direction.
- Christina Landshamer: Gabriel and Eve.
- Thomas Tatzl: Raphael and Adam.
- Robin Tritschler: Uriell.
Review: A Dazzling ‘Creation’ Brings Light to Lincoln Center
READ: NEW YORK TIMES